Friday, January 25, 2008

For the love...

My new psychiatrist upped one of my meds, and a couple of weeks into the dosage I promptly turned unstable, massively depressive, and started having obsessive thoughts. I love bipolar. Always interesting. And because Kaiser's system leaves something to be desired, I don't get to meet with him again for, oh, about a month. So I'm just living with a substandard dosage until then. When I'll get to try ANOTHER medication that will probably have strange side effects.

Try to reign in the jealousy, people. It takes a lot of effort to be this crazy.

Mike and I did get to spend last weekend up in SLO, however, and enjoyed it immensely. It poured all the way home, but our time there was beatiful. Lots of grape juice (seriously, Castoro winery. Check it out. Best grape juice ever...and Mike says their wine isn't bad either). Found the best pastry shop in town, checked out a bunch of coffee shops, BEST FRIES EVER (Bel Frites), avante garde food (Big Sky Cafe), and my Aunt Terri's doppleganger at this weird bike shop/coffee shop down the street from our hotel.

I love local hippie places.

Anyway, great fun. The cats were super needy when we got back, as usual. I got no work done at all, and we watched t.v. (a half dozen episodes of project runway). We don't own t.v., so getting to watch mindless programming is actually fun, as opposed to annoying, which is how I tend to feel about it when watching it every day. I honestly don't know if I'd ever want t.v. again. You can get it all on netflix anyway!

Anyway, good times; it's nice to get away.

One year! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

univrsltransl8r said...

Yay, Congrats on one year!
Sorry to hear about your meds... Sarah has been having issues with hers too. They recently doubled her doses.

When you said "avante garde food," for some reason I pictured chili fries arranged to depict Picasso's
Guernica. Yikes!

Glad you guys had fun! We don't have TV either. Isn't it great? Blockbuster online... LOL