Thursday, November 15, 2007

Angst

I've never been very good at forgetting. The only real plus about that is that I very rarely get into situations with people where I feel that forgiveness is actually something that is necessary. But that doesn't change the fact that, at the end of the day, I have this horrible, gut-wrenching, tearful anger towards someone that I used to hold in a rather dear position.

Granted, he's moving up north. We don't get out of Riverside for a couple of years, so this will help us avoid really, really awkward conversations at the local Trader Joe's. But I'm pretty sure this is the sort of thing that distance is not going to fix. And it will eventually get better. But until he admits that what he did was (insert wrong, stupid, extremely hurtful, selfish, similar adjective, here), I'm just not sure how to resolve this anger. Anger towards him, towards the church, towards others that have remained clustered about him...even towards God, for ever putting this person in such a position of power and influence. And the fact that I have to face is that I will never have that closure.

Damn it.