Monday, November 12, 2007

A Method to My Madness

Commercial Time:

I know you've all seen those cool cleaning bottles at Target with the "Method" brand on them, right? Well, what you need to do is march right over to your friendly neighborhood Target megamart and buy every possible Method cleaning product you can. Why?

Michael and I have been trying to become more and more "green" this past year. We already recycle aluminum, glass, and plastic, have been replacing all our bulbs with the energy efficient kind, and keep the place cool in the winter and a tad warm in the summer. Whenever possible we just use our fan and open windows. I know, baby steps.

So, the next two goals were to A) start recycling paper, and B) get rid of most of my chemical cleaning products. I'm trying to find a skinny garbage can to fit in the kitchen corner and collect paper (I haven't quite gotten to how I'm going to get rid of and recycle said paper, but I'm working on that). But, in working on goal #2, I heard about Method and thought, "Hey! Biodegradable, non-toxic...I'm there!"

Best part? Yummy smells. And no fumey weird chemicalness. My handsoap is now cucumber, my glass cleaner is mint, all-purpose is pink grapefruit, and tub-n-tile is ecualyptus. Not a fan of the smells at all? They make a "naked" one: no fragrance. And you don't have to cough up a lung or wear big plastic gloves or ruin perfectly good pants (I have a story...) cleaning the shower. Besides, for parents, peace of mind: the worst thing that could happen to a thirsty and curious kid is a stomachache.

So buy Method. Brag to your eco-friends about how you only clean "environmentally friendly." Save a whale. Or a carbon molecule. Or a lung.

And I'm spent...

No comments: