Monday, September 24, 2007

I Love Jesus...and french fries

So Kev gave this really great talk yesterday at the Flipside...we're currently on the section of Matthew that has been dubbed "The Politically Incorrect Jesus" sermons. We covered Jairus' daughter and the woman with uncontrollable bleeding, etc. Essentially, faith. Maybe I'll figure out how to explain my feelings about it later, but for now...wow. Just wow.

Oh...and we have posters up around the stage with various slogans and "controversial" religious stuff on them...my favorite is "I Love Jesus and french fries." Hilarious! I need that t-shirt.

And we covered an Avril Lavigne song. A few weeks ago it was Linkin Park. Good times.

Michael and I also made it to IKEA on Saturday for a bit. We picked up hanging tins for an herb garden. Yay! And we priced a bunch of other stuff (bookshelves, dresser, table, the usual). Also hit a nice used bookstore for a little bit of fun.

Sunday, we did church, then hopped over to Redlands looking for a new kitty at the Petco. We would've come home with one except it turned out to be a girl. Boo! So the adoption people are looking for more siamese-like kitties for us. Then we went to our first-date BJ's location for a late lunch...then the grocery store, nursery, and Trader Joe's for groceries and herbs. Oh, and we ran into Fr. Josiah at Trader Joe's. He's one of my favorite adjuncts and the priest over at St. Andrew's Orthodox Church. Great guy.

And six loads of laundry, grading, and some housework later, it was Monday. I'm still getting over my cold (sniffling and sneezing, the usual), but I'm on my way towards well. I think I regressed; I felt a lot better Sunday.

1 comment:

univrsltransl8r said...

I felt better on Sunday the 16th, but then I started getting worse again on Monday the 17th. I finally went to the doctor! =/