Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Simpson's & French Food: My Cultural Saturday

So, I had my first American French food experience last night (I say that because I've been to France and therefore, by default, have eaten French food. But not in the United States. Honestly, things feel a lot more authentic when you're eating them from another country. Case in point: my crepe lunch in London and awesome pasta in Germany).

It was good. We got mostly the whole family and some friends (the Lake side) together for Alan's bday at Gerard's. More than I would usually want to spend on meals out (of course), but it was good. The french onion soup was KILLER. And my wild mushroom ravioli with sage cream sauce (Yes! I ate ravioli at a French restraunt! Shut up.) was also way yummy. Afterwards we all packed up and headed for Alan & Melissa's for cake and ice cream. Good times.

Michael and I have also been working our way through the 6th season of the Simpson's. We lie in wait for them to go on sale at Target for $20 and then snatch them up before other undeserving customers can purchase them. Because we are far more special than the average people. If you know us, you also know this is true.

Well, off I go to be a productive member of society. Good weekend, all!

1 comment:

univrsltransl8r said...

I can't wait to visit abroad! It must be awesome!! I know that food is different in other countries only because everyone who has been to other countries says so. Glad to hear you are enjoying the Simpsons! I'd like to see that someday! I have always loved that show! =D